Sunday, June 30, 2013

Photo Booth Frame

Hello Bloggers!
     Let me begin by apologizing for not having step-by-step pictures to show how I made this photo booth picture frame.  I made it before I ever even thought I would be a blogger so I had no reason to take pictures of each step.  With that being said, this project was super easy and can be followed without the help of pictures.
     We are going to have a photo booth at the party, and of course I don't want to pay a lot of money for props. Actually, I was recently at a flea market and the large frames sold anywhere from $40.00 to $70.00.  Although they were cute, I'd much rather save my money and do it myself. 
     So my initial plan for getting a nice big frame was to go garage sale hunting for it.  That was until my daughter walked in my room with a piece of foam board that we had previously used as  concession sign  for her "Welcome to Summer" movie party.
      I purchased this piece of foam board from the dollar store and used it for 2 different projects. Talk about getting my monies worth!

Materials
  • A large piece of foam board ( go to your local $ store)
  • Duct tape of your choice, roughly $3.99;  There are so many fabulous varieties of duct tape. Have fun with it!
  • Letters; I used my Cricut machine to cut my letters, but you can purchase letters from the dollar store in the office supply/teacher supply aisle.  Also the letters are optional. You can decorate your frame with anything you like or choose not to decorate it.  It's all up to you!
  • Exacto blade
  • Ruler and pencil
  • Glue stick
  • Hot glue gun
Procedure

Step 1:  Begin by using a ruler and  pencil to draw a
             rectangle on the foam board for where you
             want the frame cut out to be.  I left about a
             three inch frame border on mine.

Step 2:  With the exacto blade, cut out the rectangle
             you drew in step 1.  Do not discard it, you
             will use it later.

Step 3:  Cover the frame you just made with duct
             tape. I only covered the front side but you
             can do the backside  too if you like.

Step 4: Now it is time for the letters. After I cut my
            letters, I found that I wanted to add some
            depth to them to make them "pop." Here is
            where the piece of foam board you cut out
            comes in handy. Glue the letters to the foam
            board and cut them out with the exacto
            blade.

Step 5: Place the letters on the frame to your liking
            and hot glue them to the frame.  That's it!
            You're done!

Here is a picture of the project!


Well that's all I have for now folks. Until next time...


Keep krafting,

Keybbler










1 comment: